West Virginia Truck Accident Lawyers
Truck accidents are extremely common and occur on a daily basis throughout the state of West Virginia. Because tractor-trailers weigh thousands of pounds, they can cause serious damage to smaller vehicles in a crash, severely injuring their occupants. Truck drivers are supposed to take extreme caution when operating their vehicles due to the high injury risks involved in collisions. Unfortunately this is not always the case.
Many truck accidents are caused by driver negligence, such as:
- Drunk driving
- Driver inattentiveness or fatigue
- Disobeying highway traffic and safety laws
- Reckless driving
- Poorly maintained equipment
Have you been injured due to reckless driving? Call on Fitzsimmons Law Firm PLLC for trusted legal counsel backed by proven success.
What are the different types of truck accidents?
At Fitzsimmons Law Firm PLLC, we can help you pursue just compensation for any of the following types of truck accidents:
- Head-on collision – Truck and another vehicle driver collide while driving toward each other.
- Side collision – Truck impacts the other vehicle on its side. Typically occurs when one vehicle is attempting to change lanes.
- Rear-end collision – Truck hits another vehicle from the rear. Depending on the weight and speed, rear-end truck accidents can result in serious harm.
- Under-ride collision – Smaller vehicle rear-ends a large truck and will travel beneath the rear trailer. Caused by a truck driver slamming on his or her brakes.
- Truck rollover – Occurs when the truck driver is speeding or the tires fail to grip hold of the road, which causes the vehicle to lose control and turn sideways.
Recovering Compensation for Your Injuries
A lawyer should be contacted immediately if you or a loved one have been hurt in a truck accident. If the incident was the fault of another person or entity, you can seek compensation for your injuries. A West Virginia personal injury attorney at the Fitzsimmons Law Firm PLLC can review the accident and explain your rights to damages under the law. The firm can also prepare your claim and help negotiate a settlement. The firm has decades of experience fighting for injury victims and is not afraid to take on big trucking or insurance companies.
They can help recover compensation for the following damages:
- Pain and suffering
- Medical costs
- Rehabilitative costs
- Vehicle damages
- Emotional trauma
- Current and future care
- Diminished work capacity
- Lost income
Truck accidents are incredibly dangerous and can lead to catastrophic damages. Injuries resulting from this type of accident can lead to disabilities that can last weeks, months, or even years. Receiving compensation is an important part of recovering from the accident. Make sure that your needs and wants are fought for by a skilled West Virginia personal injury lawyer from the firm.
Need a legal advocate for your truck accident claim?
If you were injured in a trucking accident caused by negligence, you may be eligible for compensation to cover your injury-related expenses. The best way to pursue monetary damages is with the help of a qualified personal injury firm. Most insurance carriers will do everything they can to avoid full payment on a claim. With skilled representation, your chances of a favorable settlement are greatly improved. The firm has won over 125 million and multi-million dollar verdicts and settlements, including cases making the Top 100 Verdicts list in the U.S. They have represented clients for 30+ years and are tough legal advocates.
Bob Fitzsimmons has been named one of the top 75 Plaintiff Lawyers in the U.S., and is regularly ranked amongst the top lawyers in the state. The firm has a comprehensive understanding of personal injury laws and is passionate about their work. They will fight for maximum damages and take whatever legal steps necessary to protect your rights to compensation.
Contact a West Virginia truck accident attorney for skilled and effective representation for your case.